In March of 1991, Word of Life Church began when Pastor Sidney Frye organized a small group Bible study in the home of a Rochester resident. Through the generosity of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church a door was opened for Word of Life Church was able to begin ministering. Formal installation services for the ministry were conducted on April 3, 1993, by church denomination leaders. In 2001, Word of Life Church began construction of a church facility to be located in Northwest Rochester. On October 5, 2002, Pastor and Mrs. Sidney Frye, along with the Word of Life Church congregation, dedicated their a newly built church edifice to the Lord. Word of Life Church continued to grow and expand, serving children and families in the community through an onsite daycare center, Seeds of Wisdom Early Development Preschool and a Christian elementary program, Seeds of Wisdom Christian Academy. To help fulfill these ministry focuses, in 2010 Word of Life Church relocated to a larger facility in northwest Rochester, located at 4925 Hwy 52 N, Rochester, MN 55901, which housed all of the ministries in one location. Yet this rented location, only served as a temporary opportunity to solidify and develop the ministries at Word of Life Church. On April 20, 2014, Word of Life Church relocated and relaunched its ministry in southeast Rochester with the purpose of continuing to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well as meeting the needs of a changing and growing community.
What We Believe
What We Believe
- WE BELIEVE the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God.
- WE BELIEVE that there is only One God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and, God the Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE in the blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, which is in Christ, at His return.
- WE BELIEVE that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE that regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- WE BELIEVE that the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- WE BELIEVE that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for Him.
- WE BELIEVE in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy and separated life in the present world.